글 & 자료. 마스아키텍처 Maas Architecture
10여년간 아파트에서 살던 젊은 건축주는 택지개발지구 내 단독주택 필지를 분양받게 되었다. 7살 아이가 있는 젊은 부부는 아이가 어릴 때 땅을 밟고 마음껏 뛰놀수 있는 단독주택을 갖고자했다. 땅은 2종 전용주거지역으로 75평 규모의 땅에 건폐율 30%, 용적률 80%로 대부분의 2종 전용주거지역과 달리, 건폐율과 용적률이 다소 작게 잡힌 지구단위계획구역이다. 이 곳에 22평의 건축면적을 갖고 두 가구를 만드는 작업을 시작했다.
PrologueA young landowner, who has lived in an apartment for about 10 years, has been given a detached housing area within a housing site development district. This young couple with a 7-year-old child visited our office with an intention of having a single-family home where the child could enjoy more playful interaction with its surroundings. This 248m² land is a class II exclusive residential area with a 30% building coverage ratio and an 80% floor area ratio. It is a district unit planning area with slightly smaller building coverage ratio and floor area ratio than other class II exclusive residential areas. We started working on constructing two homes with 72m² of building area here.
- 2가구 단독주택 : 단독주택에서 처음 살게되는 낯설음과 택지개발지구 2호집이기에 더불어 사는 이웃이 적다는 환경적 제약을 극복하고 싶다.
- 일부 임대를 통해 초기 건축비용을 충당하며, 장기적으로는 임대수익을 냈으면 좋겠다.
- 주 출입구는 2개로 각각 분리해 독립적으로 살 수 있도록 해달라.
- 거실과 주방을 분리해 시선과 소리가 거실과 섞이지 않았으면 좋겠다.
Requirements from the owner
- House for two families: They wanted two homes for easier accommodation into a relatively new neighborhood since the house will be second of its kind in a new housing site development district with a few neighbors. Also taken into consideration was that this will be the first time for the families living in an independent house.
- They hoped that potential leasing would cover the initial construction costs and would also generate rental income in the long run.
- They wanted two separate main entrances for privacy.
- They wanted living room and the kitchen separated so that the sights and sounds would not interfere with those from the living room.
- 하나+하나=하나(두 개의 정원을 하나의 마당처럼) : 대지와 접한 완충녹지와 집 앞 마당이 연결돼 더 깊고 넓은 마당으로 읽혀지도록 배치했다.
- 하나+하나=하나(하나의 집 속에 두 집을 담다) : 두 가구의 주택을 교차시켜 하나의 집으로 완결된 형태를 갖도록 매스를 잡았다. 매스를 교차하면서 자연스럽게 규정된 안마당과 앞마당은 건축주세대와 임대세대에게 각각의 마당이 될 것이다.
- 세모난 박공지붕이 보이는 집
- 건축주 집은 2층에 다락, 임대세대는 3층에 : 2층에서 다락의 공간감을 느끼며, 지붕의 박공형태가 자연스럽게 도드라져 단순한 형태이지만, 내부에서는 다양한 공간감을 느낄 수 있도록 계획되었다. 임대세대의 3층에서는 온전히 박공의 형태를 느끼고 높은 천장고를 확보해 협소한 주택이지만, 공간이 풍부해 보이도록 계획했다.
A. 1+1=1 (Two gardens like one yard)
Yards were placed so that the front yard would be seen as wider and deeper with connection to the buffer lot adjacent to the field.
B. Long house, Long wall
We built a long house that conforms to the shape of the earth, so that the house itself can become a natural wall and border. The plan was arranged to ensure privacy. (We could not create a separate wall from the district unit plan; only a 80cm-high hedge was allowed.)
A. 1+1=1 (Two homes in one house)
We set the mass by crossing the houses for two and to build a completed form in one house. The courtyard and the front yard, naturally defined as a result of crossing the mass, will each become the yard for the owner and the renter respectively.
B. House featuring triangular gable roof
The owner’s house has two floors and the attic; the rental house has three floors. On the second floor, people would feel a sense of space offered by the attic, and even though the gable shape of the roof is in its natural, simple form, the interior would present various sense of space. From the third floor of the rental unit, we designed so that residents can feel the gable shape with secured high ceilings, which presents a sense of rich space despite the small size.
All doors to the rooms are planned as sliding doors, so that when the doors open and close, they also open and close the associated spaces, therefore recognized as one space.
크지 않은 땅에 지면에 접한 두 개의 단독주택을 짓는 것과 다름 없었다. 같은 평형이지만 아파트와 단독주택의 차이, 그리고 지구단위계획에 의해 기준이 된 단열성능과 열회수환기장치, 3중유리 시스템창호는 패시브하우스에 준하는 기준이 건축비를 상승시키는 요인이 됨을 건축주에게 이해시켜야했다.
기존에 살던 방식을 버리고 새 삶을 수용한 건축주에게 따뜻한 행복이 모이는 집이 되길 바란다.
The biggest problem was the construction of two separate houses facing the ground on a small land. When the excavation was proceeded and foundations were laid, we were reminded of the worrying words of the owner. “Is it a one-room house?” We thought that it is not yet ready to understand the single house which has the same area but looks smaller than the apartment, to organize the way of life that has lived and to adapt to the new life environment. The insulation performance, heat recovery ventilation system, and triple glazing window system, which were standardized by the district unit plan, became the prestige of raising the building cost based on the passive house standard. We had to make the owner understand why the building cost was different from what they know from a lot of media and blogs were covering.
The house, which was built in August 2016, was completed in December 2016 and became a new home for the owner. I hope to give them a new life, and to be a ‘Jeongwang-dong Du Jib’ (Two Home in Jeongwang-dong) for them to gather together warm happiness.